Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Is it wrong to be concerned about executing innocent people?

I believe that it is perfectly normal to be concerned with innocent people being put to death. Everyday, innocent people are put into jail simply because they have no proof that they should not be there. Unfortunately, some of these accusations are rather severe. If someone were to be put up on trial for the death penalty, and they lacked substantial proof to prove their innocence, they would be put to death unfairly while the person who actually committed the crime is alive and probably continuing their criminal lifestyle. Since 1973, about 69 people have been proven innocent and released from death row. That is 69 lives that, without a trial, would have been put to death unjustly. What about those who could not provide enough evidence to prove their innocence? It is completely understandable to be worried about these people being executed leaving criminals alive and out of jail.















http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/523

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your point of view. Some people are innicent and have no way to prove it which is not their fault. I feel sorry and am concerned because i do not agree with capital punishment.

CMS said...

I agree with you also I think that it is perfectly normal to feel bad for someone being put to death. I do not agree with the capital punishment I dont think that they should have this program.