Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Is it wrong to consider the death penalty cruel and unusual punishment?

The United States Constitution, under the eighth amendment, forbids any "cruel and unusual" punishment. Cruel punishments include dismemberment and other painful acts. Acts considered unusual pertain to unfair penalties such as if two people commit the same exact crime and the punishment of one is vastly worse. Depending upon the way in which the death penalty is gone about, it is not wrong to consider it to be cruel and unusual. Lethal injection, including little pain in order to put the criminal to death, would not necessarily be considered in this manner. However, that depends greatly upon one's personal definition of cruel. Personally, I think the death penalty would only be considered in this way if it involved public humiliation and excruciating pain.


















http://thisnation.com/question/018.html

http://exiledonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/electric-chair.jpg

1 comment:

CMS said...

I agree with you it is completley normal to consider this wrong, I mean we are all people and it is wrong to kill your own kind and unfortunalty it happens all the time.